Sunday, 26 April 2015

Reading list; interesting points I learnt from different reading throughout the course.


* Flanagin, A.J. &  Metzger,M.J. (2008) The credibility of volunteered geographic information., GeoJournal, [electronic] Vol 72, Available: http://kfrichter.org/crowdsourcing-material/day3/flanagin08.pdf

"Other Wikipedia-based projects include edit history visualizations being developed at IBM and Xerox PARC, and Wiki Lab’s Trust Coloring project (http://trust.cse.ucsc.edu/). Edit history visualization tools, such as Wikidashboard (http://wikidashboard. parc.com/), allow users to better understand not only who is editing Wikipedia entries, but how often those edits are made."

I found this section interesting because I am an avid users of Wikipedia for gaining a brief understanding of topics but I never knew how to track where the information was coming from.



* http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_lewis_crowdsourcing_the_news

A talk by Paul Lewis showing how we all could have the means to be journlist in our daily lives.


* http://www.zdnet.com/article/mashups-the-next-major-new-software-development-model/

This was a good read, which allowed me to form a good understanding of mashup and who is using them within our society today before Shane discussed them in class.


No comments:

Post a Comment